THE ENCOUNTER

 




I met a man who claims he has been set free from what he calls 'the lies' about the existence of God. He lived in a garden close to where I usually go and pray. He made some statements that proved that he doesn't believe in God anymore but knows that life originated from 'a god' as he called it. I was uncomfortable because he looked scary and that place was secluded from the main campus. 

I had to pause with my prayer (which I later regretted) and listened to him for what felt like an eternity. I asked him whether he ever experienced God personally and he said, 'It is normal for people to be led by emotions because that is what they have come to believe'. I was sad because this gentleman claimed he was born and brought up in a church but now, he has found what he calls 'truth'. 

He continued and said, it happens to everyone at a point in their lives when they would realize that all these stories were made up. At that point, I knew I had to leave. He wanted my number so he could convince me more. I opted to take his number instead and he wasn't happy with my decision and said we humans have created stereotypes and are running with them.

Finally, he gave me his number and I told him I had to leave. When I got to my hall, I began to pray for him. You know this man could have easily convinced someone that God does not exist if that person is not grounded in the faith. That day, I entered the garden alone but God told me to go out and that is how I met this man at the entrance to the garden. Imagine I don't hear God's voice, I don't understand what Christianity truly is about, I don't have any experience with the Holy Spirit, I don't read my Bible and I pray occasionally, this man would have won a convert into his deception because he was so convincing. 

I call this deception because this man claims life originated from a god and he would not ascribe sovereignty to that god. He claims madmen and wee smokers are misunderstood by society because they possess some level of unique experiences that we normal people do not have. He claims everyone will realize what he calls truth at a point in their lives. He said he loves to be in the garden to connect with his source. Do you see the trend? Lies and deceptions. This is the major work of the devil.

‭1 John 4:1-6 NIV‬

[1] Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. [2] This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, [3] but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world. [4] You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. [5] They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. [6] We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood. 

Scripture reference

‭John 14:1-7 NIV‬

[1]  “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God ; believe also in me. [2] My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? [3] And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. [4] You know the way to the place where I am going.”  [5] Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?” [6] Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. [7] If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

Scripture reference

God lives and my life is a testimony because I cannot exist by myself. Jesus saved me from sin as a result of God's love. The Holy Spirit is my Comforter and Friend. God lives and His kingdom exists from eternity to eternity. Beloved I leave you with these 3 scriptures. 

‭Colossians 3:16 NIV‬

[16] Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. 

Scripture reference

‭Ephesians 5:18-19 NIV‬

[18] Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, [19] speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, 

Scripture reference

‭1 Thessalonians 5:17-22 NIV‬

[17] pray continually, [18] give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. [19] Do not quench the Spirit. [20] Do not treat prophecies with contempt [21] but test them all; hold on to what is good, [22] reject every kind of evil.

Scripture reference

Let's pray,

Father Lord, please help me to be well grounded in my faith in You in order not to be led astray by decievers. May all those who have been deceived come back to you the Truth, In Jesus Name, Amen. 

Comments

Popular Posts