Swallowed by Leviathan

 In the Belly of a Fish


Are there times when God compels some people to comply with His will? Yes. In the times of Jonah, God sent Jonah to go to Nineveh and warn the people to turn away from their wicked ways else, in order for then not to be destroyed. Jonah chose to flee from God. It was when God caused him to be swallowed by a big fish that he remembered that there is a God who can deliver him from his natural prison. This was his prayer in Jonah chapter 2.

1 Then Jonah prayed to the Lord his God from the fish’s belly. 

2 And he said:

“I cried out to the Lord because of my affliction,

And He answered me.

“Out of the belly of Sheol I cried,

And You heard my voice.

3 For You cast me into the deep,

Into the heart of the seas,

And the floods surrounded me;

All Your billows and Your waves passed over me.

4 Then I said, ‘I have been cast out of Your sight;

Yet I will look again toward Your holy temple.’

5 The waters surrounded me, even to my soul;

The deep closed around me;

Weeds were wrapped around my head.

6 I went down to the [a]moorings of the mountains;

The earth with its bars closed behind me forever;

Yet You have brought up my life from the pit,

O Lord, my God.


Lessons learnt.

1. God is All-Powerful.

Through out the bible we have seen how God has manifested His power through out history so it is impossible to outwit Him.

2. It's better to willingly obey God than forcefully obey God. 

In the case of Jonah and also the time of the people who attempted to build a tower to the heavens (the tower of Babel) God had to forcefully cause the people to comply with His will. 

3. God is still merciful. 

After Jonah prayed and asked for mercy, the Lord saved him from the belly of the fish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comfort in Challenging Times

Boosting Self-Esteem: My Journey To Overcoming Low Confidence and Building Self Worth.

We will exist forever...

Who Am I Not To Shine

Answering The Call -The Account

Unleashing The Power Of Positive Thinking: You Are What You Think - Transform Your Life

Confronting the Wickedness of Lynching

Purpose In Life.

Blood for blood?

My talent - Your Glory