Extend an Olive Branch

 


Today, let's take a trip down memory lane. While going through some old chats, I remembered an incident from a few years ago. During my first year of university, I had a roommate who had a strong dislike towards me. One day, I left the door to our kitchen open and she started insulting and belittling me, calling me a witch. However, I chose to take the high road and retaliate in a kind manner. I decided to give her a gift. So that night, when all my other roommates were in, I gave her the gift. 

It was a message from God. I preached in the room to all my roommates and I realized that she wanted to go out immediately I started but she changed her mind and sat on her bed. My gift and message was simple- Jesus. I told them all that Jesus came to die for us so that we would be delivered from our sins and come back to God. I also stated that God wants us to surrender totally unto Him so that He would help us to live our lives in the likeness of His Son Jesus, to please Him. That was it. I was relieved and the incident never happened again.

Jesus tells us in Matthew 5 to love our enemies. What greater love can we show a person than to share with them the best gift in the world- Jesus Christ?

Love Your Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 [o]But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet your [p]brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the [q]tax collectors do so? 48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

Jesus is the best gift to give someone to make peace and live without a heavy heart towards them. I pray that the Lord gives you peace in every difficult situation in your life. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comfort in Challenging Times

Boosting Self-Esteem: My Journey To Overcoming Low Confidence and Building Self Worth.

We will exist forever...

Who Am I Not To Shine

Answering The Call -The Account

Unleashing The Power Of Positive Thinking: You Are What You Think - Transform Your Life

Confronting the Wickedness of Lynching

Purpose In Life.

Blood for blood?

My talent - Your Glory