So, tell me: Who is your go-to for help?

It is common for individuals to seek help from close family members, friends, religious leaders, spouses, healthcare professionals, and support groups during tough times. This is understandable since we interact with them regularly and they are the ones we physically see.  However, we should not forget that there is One who oversees even those we see. We may wonder whether it is necessary to share every trouble we face with God. Some may feel that we might be bothering Him or He may get tired of us. 


To answer these questions, we can look to references from the scriptures.  

Jeremiah 33:3 says, "Call unto Me and I will show you great and mighty things that you do not know."

Psalms‬ ‭121:1‭-‬8‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
[1] I will lift up my eyes to the hills— From whence comes my help? [2] My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth. [3] He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. [4] Behold, He who keeps Israel Shall neither slumber nor sleep. [5] The Lord is your keeper; The Lord  is  your shade at your right hand. [6] The sun shall not strike you by day, Nor the moon by night. [7] The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul. [8] The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in From this time forth, and even forevermore.

Luke‬ ‭18:1‭-‬8‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
[1] Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart, [2] saying: “There was in a certain city a judge who did not fear God nor regard man.  [3] Now there was a widow in that city; and she came to him, saying, ‘Get justice for me from my adversary.’  [4] And he would not for a while; but afterward he said within himself, ‘Though I do not fear God nor regard man,  [5] yet because this widow troubles me I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.’ ” [6] Then the Lord said, “Hear what the unjust judge said.  [7] And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them?  [8] I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”

God wants us to communicate with Him more often, in fact, all the time. As the Creator of the entire Universe, He holds the solution to all our problems. The best course of action is to communicate with Him first and then share our thoughts with our family, friends, or anyone else, as God works through the people He sends to us.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comfort in Challenging Times

Boosting Self-Esteem: My Journey To Overcoming Low Confidence and Building Self Worth.

We will exist forever...

Who Am I Not To Shine

Answering The Call -The Account

Unleashing The Power Of Positive Thinking: You Are What You Think - Transform Your Life

Confronting the Wickedness of Lynching

Purpose In Life.

Blood for blood?

My talent - Your Glory