My talent - Your Glory

 Talents from God.

God has blessed us humans with talents out of the abundance of His love and Power. As stated in an earlier post, God has given His beloved diversities of talents. These are to portray the wonders of God and to honor Him.



God deserves all the glory.

When we blossom with our talents, we must not take the credit. Our attitude should always be: Glory be to God! (Philippians 4:13), Him -Our God is our Source and our Help.



Don’t fail to cultivate your talent.

Many people are good at some things but need to pay attention to them. This is not the plan God had when he put it in us. We must not neglect the numerous talents God has given us. At a point in time in my life, I focused on only one thing, my formal education, and ignored all the numerous talents God had blessed me with.




Though I had a burning desire to train in those areas, I felt so occupied, and spending a minute a day training those talents cost me much. For example, if I am good at musical instruments and I have a desire to perform to honor God, and I wasn’t spending time playing for at least 1 minute a day for a long time, just because I thought I was very busy.

 

Motivation to all!

To God’s glory, there are quite a few talents I have discovered so far. As I was pondering on how I was neglecting them, a thought came to me, “What if you spend 30 minutes a day sharpening your talents”? At the end of a full year, you would be a lot better than where you left off. I embraced it and I found joy. This is because when I partake in an activity that I am talented in, I am happy and fulfilled.

 

What happens when I abandon my talent.

I realized that when I abandon my talents, after some time, they will be wasted. This is because, the older I get, the more responsibilities I will have and so I should make time now.  

 

How to identify your talent.

Firstly, if you haven’t identified your talents yet, there is no need to worry. Pray and begin to explore. God will show you what they are.

Secondly, there might be something you do well, like sewing, playing an instrument, singing, drawing, dancing, witnessing, writing, hair styling, or sports. You will be able to identify your talents as you observe.

Thirdly, there might be something that you find so much pleasure in doing, that brings glory to God and impacts others positively. You don’t have to be born perfect with a talent. There is a need to train yourself to build your talent. You must be consistent with it, to yield good results.

The bottom line is that it must bring God glory, it must impact others positively and you must find pleasure in it.

 

Use it to His pleasure, not displeasure.

We must endeavor to please our creator while using the talents He has bestowed upon us. Remain Blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comfort in Challenging Times

Boosting Self-Esteem: My Journey To Overcoming Low Confidence and Building Self Worth.

We will exist forever...

Who Am I Not To Shine

Answering The Call -The Account

Unleashing The Power Of Positive Thinking: You Are What You Think - Transform Your Life

Confronting the Wickedness of Lynching

Purpose In Life.

Blood for blood?